Saturday, March 06, 2010

High Heel Rant



I think I am officially over the high heel obsession that has captured the fashion world, and am ready to move onto a more manageable heel height.  I have seen in Vogue that kitten heels are ready to make a come back.  But I'm not a kitten heel girl, I don't like the name, nor do I like the shape of the heel.  I like a shoe that gives me height, but that I can also run and catch a train in, or traipse through a museum, or just walk around town in that fast pace walk that I have.

Now I really do like high heels!  I have many.  Three inches is really the max I can go though.  And I can only wear them for events.  This past fall I feel hard for a pair of shoe booties.  I paid some nice Ben Franklin's for them and then waited a few months for them to hit the market.  

Subconsciously I failed to notice that they were 4 inches high with a platform.  They are beautiful and sexy, but I can't walk in them.  I tried.  I first managed a few dinners out with them on - easy.  Then I wore them to an afternoon at the museum and lunch.  It started out well enough but declined badly.  I walked slow.  Had to hold onto someone for emotional and physical stability.  On the walk back to the car, I stopped in the middle of the street and begged my family to collectively carry me.  Have you ever seen a grown woman beg their family to carry them?  If you did, it was me (near the Museum of Natural History).  I stumbled into the car garage and the attendants looked at me as if I was high on crack.  Yes, it was that bad!  My lesson learned, you sometimes have to live through the pain to discover that some things were just not made for you. 

BTW - I really love the shoes above!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...